Monday, December 3, 2012

C4T fourth Post

My seventh C4T was for Jeff Utecht "The Thinking Stick". Utecht talked about how technology has to be taught in schools. He talks about how the skill should be taught as opposed to the program. Utecht also talks about how the set point in achievement is not as important as teaching the skills and insuring that all of your students master this skill. I replied by saying that I agree with the fact that teaching a skill is better than teaching a program. When you teach a skill you allow to student to learn to use the skill within different programs as opposed to learning the program and not being able to navigate other programs that could potentially be operated using the same skills if you learned the program instead of the skill. I also commented on the set achievement point by saying that not all students learn at the same pace or achieve goals at the same time so the set point is definitely not as important as mastering the skill of technology. The skill will intern allow the student to work towards the goal of the set point once they've learned what they needed to learn.

My eighth C4T was for Jeff Utecht about Why K-12 schools are failing by not teaching search. Jeff talks about how frustrated he was to come to the realization that college professors cannot even search education things correctly. He starts off by talking about how students come to college not knowing how to search correctly because their K-12 teachers haven't taught them correctly. He goes on to realize that these teachers aren't teaching these skills or challenging students with their skills because they don't even know the skills themselves. I commented on Jeff's post by saying that I definitely agree with what he is saying because I can count on one hand how many professors I've had in four years that actually use modern technology inside the classroom. I told him that in high school, I wasn't taught how to properly search things so I definitely see where his frustration is coming from. I told him that I appreciated his post and that all teachers need to read and learn from this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment