Monday, December 3, 2012

Second C4T Post

My Third C4T assignment was to Howard Rheingold. He posted a blog about Restoring Creativity in the classroom. Rheingold talked about how his mother was an art teacher and how she gave her students the permission to play and express themselves. He says that these activities in school are of a distant past and I couldn't agree more. I responded by saying that I definitely understood where he was coming from. I told Rheingold that I went to a performing arts elementary and middle school and they have now closed the elementary school down because of budget cuts. I told him that I agreed with him about them always focusing on academics and not enough of self expression. This is something that we need to focus more on because not all children are good at math and science some are great at music and art. I thought that Rheingold's post was very informative and I really enjoyed it.


My fourth C4T was about Ipads. Rheingold really explained the technology behind ipad and other mini tablets. He talked about the pros and the cons of these tablets and I thought that this was some very helpful information. I replied by thanking him for this sort of comparison. I told Rheingold that he really helped me because Apple recently released a statement about the new iPad mini coming out and I was seriously contemplating buying one. Reading this post really helped me weigh my options.

No comments:

Post a Comment