Wednesday, November 7, 2012

C4K Summary October

My third C4K assignment was for a fourth grade student named Thomas Riker @thorik954. He wrote a letter to Santa asking for some toys, a RedSox sweatshirt and some Buffalo Sabres Hockey Cards. He goes on to tell Santa that he's been a good boy except for getting into a fight with his brother. He even asks Santa how Mrs. Clause is doing. His post was too cute for words! I commented by saying that I really enjoyed his post and that I was a baseball fan so having that sweatshirt would be nice. I told him that his letter warmed my heart and to keep up the good work

My fourth C4K assignment was for a 10th grade student named Mike @MikeGwantley. His post was about blogging. He started off by saying that he was new to blogging and I told him that blogging was something sort of new to me as well. He talks about how he had the opportunity to talk to an exchange student about her opinions on the chinese government. He also stated a very important statement! He said that blogs are peoples opinions based on their experiences or upbringings. I told him that I definitely agreed with this and proceeded to tell a story of my experience with this subject and relationship views. I told him that his post was great and to keep up the good work.

My Fifth C4K was for a student named Alison. Sh had a blog called a weebly. Alison's weebly consisted of her about me, journals, and other segments of genre that she's interested in. She loves to bake and read.In her most recent journal post she talked about her definition of a true hero. Alison believes that a hero doesn't have to be in the spotlight or wear a special cape to be recognized. She says that a hero is someone who goes out of their way to help people, are good citizens, and helps others in their time of need. She says they could be anyone like a policeman or a chef who gives out free Thanksgiving meals. I replied to her journal entry by saying that I totally agreed with her about the definition of a hero. I told her that my mom was my hero because she does everything in her power to keep me safe and happy. I told her that Ii really enjoyed her entry as well as her weebly page. I told her that she was an awesome writer and to keep up the good work. I also asked her if she could pick a hero, who would her hero be?

My 6th C4K was for Patrick in @akp Mrs. Peterson's class. He did a characterization of Dally from The Outsiders. He summarized the character and then broke down the action, his words, and the views of others. I commented by telling him that he was an awesome write and that I liked hoe he broke down the summary and explained in detail and that I especially loved the part about the action. I told him that I could picture this scene happening in my imagination.

My 7th C4K Assignment was for some students that traveled to Ireland for a week. I was assigned to the blog post "Home away from home." The students talked about the hotel that they would be staying in for the length of their visit and embedded an access link to the website. The students said that they were grateful that the hotel could find them a room since they checked in a lot earlier than the check in time. I replied by telling them that Ireland was on my list of places to see in the world and I really enjoyed reading their blogpost. I also told them that the pictures that they posted were beautiful and that the hotel seemed like a lovely place to stay. I told them to stay safe and have a blast on their trip!

1 comment: