Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blog Post Assignment #1

About Ashaunte Gaillard:

Hello my name is Ashaunte Gaillard. I am a native of Mobile, Al. I am a senior at the University of South Alabama. My major is secondary education with a minor in journalism. Upon graduation I plan to attend graduate school in Tennessee for journalism and pursue my dreams of becoming a book editor.
I come from a family of educators. My grandmother is a retired teacher and she inspires me so much. It came natural to me to want to become a teacher. I wanted to teach journalism because it is something that I am passionate about and would like to share with others something that I love to do.
I have recently developed an interest in crocheting. So thats something that I'm working on learning to do. The things that I love to do in my spare time are reading, zumba, swimming (when I have time), and spending time with family. Something that I shocked myself in doing was actually being good at cooking. My favorite dish to make is baked chicken. I also enjoy painting in my spare time. It helps me take my mind off of things and de-stress.


Randy Pausch on Time Management:

Dr. Pausch's clip on "Time Management" was something that I needed to hear. I learned that time management is something that everyone struggles with but most of the time it's not something that you HAVE TO struggle with. I learned that if you have a task list then always start with the most difficult task first; so that when the end is drawing near and you wanted to slack off then you will have some cushion because the leftover tasks will be small easy ones. I also learned to classify my goals and prioritize them. And also to always ask yourself why you're doing what you're doing. Another thing that I learned and most important thing that I learned was knowing that it doesn't matter when do everything right but it matters when you do the right things. Doing the right thing is so much more effective and genuine than doing the wrong thing the right way.
I googled Randy Pausch and discovered that he died from pancreatic cancer and while he was alive he was an advocate for raising awareness about this disease. He was a computer science professor at the University of Virginia. He is also a father of four, which he dedicated his "Last Lecture" to.

1 comment:

  1. Ashaunte,
    You did a good job completing our first assignment! On your next assignment remember to bold the titles of each section. Other than that, you did a terrific job, and I was glad to see you looked up Randy Pausch.

    By the way, my mom crochets in her spare time as well. It is a GREAT hobby to have, and you can make many heartfelt gifts by using your talent in crocheting. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete